[MediaWiki-l] 1.19 - 1.31 AD login with LDAPAuthentication extension

[MediaWiki-l] 1.19 - 1.31 AD login with LDAPAuthentication extension

MediaWiki-I mailing list
Hi all,

Anyone had difficulty implementing LDAP connection using the LDAPAuthentication2 extension? The old one back in 1.19 version of mediawiki was working fine but now after upgrading it’s not working.

Anyone got a sample they can share how you configured all the necessary files? I keep getting “cannot bind” or “cannot fine server”. My ldap server connection is the same I use for other apps and they have no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Re: [MediaWiki-l] 1.19 - 1.31 AD login with LDAPAuthentication extension

Robert Vogel
Hi Kevin!

There are already some documentation, examples and discussions available on that topic. Here are a few links that should get you started:
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/LDAP_hub
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/LDAP_hub/Migration_from_extension_LDAPAuthentication
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/LDAP_hub#Debugging
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Active_Directory_Integration

If you are getting "cannot bind" or "cannot find server", it's probably some issue in your connection configuration. Have a look at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAPProvider#Domain_config_settings

--
Robert

Am Freitag, den 17.04.2020, 11:37 -0400 schrieb Kdeal108--- via MediaWiki-l:

Hi all,

Anyone had difficulty implementing LDAP connection using the LDAPAuthentication2 extension? The old one back in 1.19 version of mediawiki was working fine but now after upgrading it’s not working.

Anyone got a sample they can share how you configured all the necessary files? I keep getting “cannot bind” or “cannot fine server”. My ldap server connection is the same I use for other apps and they have no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Robert Vogel Team Lead Product and Software Development   Hallo Welt! GmbH Postfach 11 02 09
93015 Regensburg Germany   Telefon: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-0 Fax: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-189   hallowelt.com [hidden email]   Sitz: Regensburg Amtsgericht: Regensburg Handelsregister: HRB 10467 E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833 Geschäftsführer: Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser, Dr. Richard Heigl   Besuchen Sie unsere aktuellen BlueSpice-Webinare: https://de.bluespice.com/webinar

Re: [MediaWiki-l] 1.19 - 1.31 AD login with LDAPAuthentication extension

MediaWiki-I mailing list
 Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have reviewed most of the guides on mediawiki and have just been unable to get it to work even following the guides. I must say, it might just be my technical skills when it comes to this one. However, I did get the binding error to go away but now i am getting an error that should not come up since i've enabled autocreateaccount and create account for all users. I've googled so many times and they all point to the autocreateaccount and createaccount being set correctly. I've verified database user has full permission on the database. I've also testing using the root account just to see if that would help but nothing. Do you know what might be causing this off the top of your head? Again, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Error:
"The supplied credentials are not associated with any user on this wiki."

LocalSettings.php :

$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = true;$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['autocreateaccount']   = true;$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = false;$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createpage']      = false;$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createtalk']      = false;

    On Monday, April 20, 2020, 10:36:06 AM EDT, Robert Vogel <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

93015 Regensburg Germany  Telefon: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-0 Fax: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-189  hallowelt.com [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>  Sitz: Regensburg Amtsgericht: Regensburg Handelsregister: HRB 10467 E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833 Geschäftsführer: Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser, Dr. Richard Heigl  Besuchen Sie unsere aktuellen BlueSpice-Webinare: https://de.bluespice.com/webinar

Robert Vogel Team Lead Product and Software Development   Hallo Welt! GmbH Postfach 11 02 09
93015 Regensburg Germany   Telefon: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-0 Fax: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-189   hallowelt.com [hidden email]   Sitz: Regensburg Amtsgericht: Regensburg Handelsregister: HRB 10467 E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833 Geschäftsführer: Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser, Dr. Richard Heigl   Besuchen Sie unsere aktuellen BlueSpice-Webinare: https://de.bluespice.com/webinar

Re: [MediaWiki-l] 1.19 - 1.31 AD login with LDAPAuthentication extension

MediaWiki-I mailing list
Absolutely. Sorry about misusing this thread. I will go ahead and post it on LDAP_Hub. Appreciate your help!