[MediaWiki-l] API & Image in non-english Wikis

[MediaWiki-l] API & Image in non-english Wikis

Sigbert Klinke
Hi,

I use the mediawiki API to download all pages of an arabic wiki
(mediawiki version 1.29.2). For download I used the PHP example code
provided on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Parsing_wikitext .

To get an information about the images in the wikitext too, I use

prop='wikitext|images'

However, it seems that not all images embedded in the wikitext appear in

$result['parse']['images']

It seems that images which are embedded like [[صورة:H100.gif]] are
missing in the image list for a page.

Is that an intended behaviour or a mistake?

Best Sigbert

--
https://hu.berlin/sk
https://hu.berlin/mmstat3