[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki logo

Amir Sarabadani
Hello people!
So the voting period is done now and the second proposal is the clear winner.

163 people participated and these are the top winners using Schulze method:
* 2: Gradient (translucent - CamelCase)
* 8: Yellow (solid - CamelCase)
* 6: Yellow (translucent - CamelCase)

Comparing 2 and 8, 92 people preferred 2 over 8 while 71 people preferred the other way around.

Now we are in the legal clearance period (which hopefully will take a month) and once it's over, we will start implementing the change, if 2 doesn't get cleared, 8 will be implemented and so on.

Thank you for everyone who participated (except myself, thanking myself would be weird)
--
Amir (he/him)

Re: [MediaWiki-l] [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki logo

Daniel Kinzler
Am 27.10.20 um 01:28 schrieb Denny Vrandečić:
Amir, thank you!

Yes! Thank you! That was quite a ride!

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform

Re: [MediaWiki-l] [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki logo

Gergo Tisza
On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 5:29 PM Denny Vrandečić <[hidden email]> wrote:
SInce thanking yourself would be weird, allow me to express my thanks for all your work and shepherding during the logo process (and well beyond that, but let's keep focus here).

Indeed, the width and breadth of your contributions to Wikimedia and MediaWiki have been nothing short of amazing, Amir. Thank you for initiating and guiding through this much needed visual update!

Also thanks to everyone who contributed a logo design! We had quite a few strong contenders.