[MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki 1.33, Apache Event MDM, Wiki displays "run(); "

[MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki 1.33, Apache Event MDM, Wiki displays "run(); "

Jeffrey Walton
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure an Apache/2.4.34 server on CentOS 7 to use
Apache Event MDM. We need to switch because GoDaddy has been
suspending our service for using too much CPU time. Top shows it is
due to Apache processes. In addition we had chronic memory problems
and OOM kills.

I followed https://tecadmin.net/enable-event-mpm-in-apache-2-4/ and
got Event MDM running. Our web page at https://www.cryptopp.com/ loads
lightening fast. That's a nice improvement.

Our Mediawiki server is 1.33. It is located at
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/. The Event MDM change seems to have
broken our wiki. It just displays:

    run();

Can anyone point out what might be wrong here?

Re: [MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki 1.33, Apache Event MDM, Wiki displays "run(); "

Bartosz Dziewoński
Your server is not executing the PHP code, rather it just displays the
contents of index.php, and your web browser interprets it as HTML.

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM Bartosz Dziewoński <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Your server is not executing the PHP code, rather it just displays the
> contents of index.php, and your web browser interprets it as HTML.

Thanks.

I'll take it to an Apache list to see what is wrong.

Re: [MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki 1.33, Apache Event MDM, Wiki displays "run(); "

Jonathan Aquilina
Make sure you have Mod_php enabled  in the apache modules.

Regards,
Jonathan

Your server is not executing the PHP code, rather it just displays the contents of index.php, and your web browser interprets it as HTML.

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

Re: [MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki 1.33, Apache Event MDM, Wiki displays "run(); "

Jeffrey Walton
> Make sure you have Mod_php enabled  in the apache modules.

It looks like php-fpm broke PHP. I installed it because someone said
it was needed for Event MDM. I switched back to that prefork pig. Once
I removed php-fpm  things started working again.

Jeff