[MediaWiki-l] Noisy Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade

[MediaWiki-l] Noisy Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade

Jeffrey Walton
Hi Everyone,

During a Mediawiki 1.34.3 to Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade... When updating
vendor components using 'php -d extension=phar.so composer.phar
update':

Package wikimedia/password-blacklist is abandoned, you should avoid
using it. Use wikimedia/common-passwords instead.
Package jakub-onderka/php-parallel-lint is abandoned, you should avoid
using it. Use php-parallel-lint/php-parallel-lint instead.
Package jakub-onderka/php-console-color is abandoned, you should avoid
using it. Use php-parallel-lint/php-console-color instead.
Package jakub-onderka/php-console-highlighter is abandoned, you should
avoid using it. Use php-parallel-lint/php-console-highlighter instead.
Package phpunit/php-token-stream is abandoned, you should avoid using
it. No replacement was suggested.
Package phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects is abandoned, you should avoid
using it. No replacement was suggested.

I don't add things to vendor/, and I did not install packages like
password-blacklist or php-parallel-lint. It looks like these are part
of a Mediawiki installation.

/var/www/html/wiki# find . -name password-blacklist
./vendor/wikimedia/password-blacklist

/var/www/html/wiki# find . -name php-parallel-lint
./vendor/jakub-onderka/php-parallel-lint

Jeff

Re: [MediaWiki-l] Noisy Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade

James Forrester
On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 19:00, Jeffrey Walton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

During a Mediawiki 1.34.3 to Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade... When updating
vendor components using 'php -d extension=phar.so composer.phar
update':

[Snip]

Yes, those are just warnings. All of them but the penultimate one has been fixed in MediaWiki 1.35.0 (just released), but are nothing to worry about unless you're maintaining the libraries that MediaWiki itself uses (e.g., me). For the PHPUnit ones in particular, it's unhelpful because the removed library is required for our current version of the tool, but replaced for the later ones that we're not using yet as we're still running instances on PHP 7.2.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester (he/him or they/themself)

Re: [MediaWiki-l] Noisy Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade

Kunal Mehta

On 2020-09-25 10:59, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> During a Mediawiki 1.34.3 to Mediawiki 1.34.4 upgrade... When updating
> vendor components using 'php -d extension=phar.so composer.phar
> update':

Adding to what James said, you should also pass --no-dev when you run
composer update, which will ensure that you only install the
dependencies that MediaWiki needs to run, and not all of the developer
tooling. That'll get rid of the php-parallel-lint and phpunit warnings too.

-- Legoktm